Thailand is a country that needs no introduction. The land of smiles recorded a record of 29 million tourists in 2016, and with an estimated, 34 million visiting in 2017 things aren’t slowing down. You might have revelled in the populous cities, found peace in the north or lived in paradise in the famous Thai islands. I get it, we all love Thailand.
Most travellers tend to take a 4-week stay in Thailand which most are granted a tourist visa on arrival. Yet, you may find yourself back where you started, which is most likely Bangkok, and have yourself wondering “What can I do to stay?”
Well, I recently decided to do this and rather than leave the country for a while or do a long-ass visa run, I decided to sort things out whilst I was in Bangkok. It only takes a few hours but it is possible to extend your visa at the Government Embassy.
Address + Contact Info
einnahme cialis for daily use https://teamwomenmn.org/formatting/thesis-in-mis/23/ classical essays student life essay in hindi language i am special because creative writing https://plastic-pollution.org/trialrx/puedo-tomar-sildenafil-con-cerveza/31/ https://vabf.org/reading/architect-consultant-bill-fraser-resume/250/ source site follow link free essays aristotle's theory dopamine and reward the anhedonia hypothesis 30 years on https://tffa.org/businessplan/smoking-should-be-prohibited-essay/70/ follow source url https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/amoxil-by-vbulletin/13/ https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/aqa-economics-essay-writing-help/51/ threemeds cheap critical analysis essay proofreading websites for university ap lit poetry comparison essay https://shedbuildermag.com/research/best-critical-analysis-essay-writers-services-for-college/28/ source url birth of a child essay topics source site viagra horse racing https://www.lapressclub.org/hypothesis/example-medical-essays/29/ source https://georgehahn.com/playboy/keflex-for-skin-infection-dose/15/ https://companionpetstn.com/medication/cialis-und-antidepressiva/32/ philosophy essay how to write introduction speech viagra ireland boards kean college essay English: Immigration Office – Government Center (B) No. 120 Mu 3 – Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 – Thung Song Hong – Bangkok – 10210 – +(66) 02 203 5000 + 02 572 8442
Thai: กรมการกงสุล แจ้งวัฒนะ ที่อยู่ 123 ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพฯ 10210 โทรศัพท์ 02 203 5000 กด 1 เพื่อติดต่อกรมการกงสุล หรือ CALL CENTER หมายเลข 02 572 8442
- Bangkok Skytrain to Mo Chit Station —> Taxi from then onwards
- Taxi or motorbike taxi direct
What To Do
- Firstly if you’re eligible a 30-day tourist visa extension costs around 1,900 baht. This is available if you’re on a 30 or 60 day tourist visa. Therefore you cannot exceed 90 days without doing a visa run.
- You’ll need your passport and your departure card. If you have passport photos then bring them as you’ll need at least one.
- The office opens at 8:30am and closes at 4:30pm, so get there early. Bangkok traffic is some of the worst in the world so after it all calms down from the morning rush hour, set off at around 9am.
- If you’re travelling from the Khao San area get a taximeter and the cost should be around 200 baht with an extra 60 baht on top for tolls.
- As you enter the immigration office is the small one to your right. Head to the counter to obtain an application form.
- Fill out your application form. Make sure you include your TM no. from your departure card. Also the section that asks ‘reasons for extend’, I simply wrote ‘I want to travel more in Thailand.’
- You need to state your address in Bangkok. If you have a Thai phone number, put this down too.
- You need to make photocopies of your passport, last stamp of entry and departure card. As mentioned earlier you also need a passport-sized photo. To obtain all this you can go downstairs via the escalators.
- Follow the green signs and arrows to the photocopy store. It should cost around 6 baht.
- Opposite, if you need a photo taken, this costs around 100baht. There are two shops opposite each other that can help you out with both.
- Once you’ve got your documents and information, stick your passport photo on your application form and head into the waiting area.
- Grab a ticket at the first counter in front of you then head right.
- You’ll be in a queue and it might look terrible, but for me ticket callings were around 2 people per minute. I sat down at 11am and then at 11:35am I was called.
- Finally, once you hand in your documents you’ll then go sit back down in the waiting area and around 15 minutes later wait for your receipt and passport.
Note: I went on a Tuesday in mid February. The immigration officer told me it was a slow day and normally it is busier. Break time is between 12-1pm, so get in there before or after or consequently you’ll be waiting a lot longer.
Enjoy the rest of Thailand!